Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blake's 8th Birthday

To start here is a picture of the birthday cake and the cupcakes. I talked Blake into have a camping theme birthday party, but no camping. There is no way I was going to have 10 little boys stay the night:) The cake is just a regualar sheet cake decorated green for the grass. The trees are sugar ice cream cones decorated green. The tent is a Smore pop tart cut in half. The fire is a twix candy bar for the logs, crushed grahmn cracker for the dirt, a fruit roll up for the fire flames and mini marshamallows on a toothpick for the smores. It turned out sooooo cute, Blake and his friends that it was the "coolest cake". Especially when I put the candles in the middle of the fire and lit them, it made it look like there really was a camp fire on the cake.




















































Check out Blake and Landins' face, it is so funny. Even though half of Blakes' face is cut off, his mouth says it all.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so cute! I totally agree about "pretending to camp" versus actual camping. Please make sure and tell Blake Happy Birthday and congratulations on his baptism! We really wished we could have been there.

Stacie Smith said...

So incredibly cool...you are so talented. :)