Friday, April 3, 2009

The 12 days of Easter

My mother-in-law gave me this and I thought it was a great idea, so I had to share. It makes Easter more meaningful instead of thinking of candy and the Easter bunny. There are 12 eggs, numbered 1-12 and there is a scripture and a little something that goes along with the scripture inside each egg. Since today is the 3rd I will share the first 2, we usually read them before bed so I will post the day befores' the next day if that makes sense. Enjoy!

Day 1
Christ went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matthew 26:39


The item is a hair spray bottle lid, its suppose to be a cup.

Day 2

One of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, and said unto them, "What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? and they convenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver." Matthew 26:14-15 This fulfilled the prophecy in Zechariah 11:12-14 that Jesus would be sold for 30 pieces of silver.




3 dimes X 10 cents each= 30 cents

1 comments:

Annalee said...

This is such a great idea - thanks for sharing! I'm glad you gave me your blog address, because I really enjoy keeping up with you, even though you are so far away now. =)